Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 11:51:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Click here for the latest sumo news         

+  sumotalk.com
|-+  Other Stuff
| |-+  Hall of Flame
| | |-+  Religion
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Religion  (Read 14950 times)
sumoichi

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 03:11:11 AM »

That hit a nerve with me today Cyd, being an Australian and on a day in Pakistan when parents are collecting their slaughtered children. Phuckers. 
Cydrome
Sumotalk Ichimon

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 10:17:25 PM »

Australia has always impressed me as a sane and humane society (other than your treatment of the Abos).  What happened?

The phrase you hear in a laboratory that heralds an important new discovery is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny‚Ķ'       -Isaac Asimov
Lex Ingenii

(apparently aka) Lax Ingenuity

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 07:32:01 PM »

The Old Testament suffered greatly at the hands of King James. If you read it in the original Hebrew, then grab the English version, boy, there's a difference. Sure, King Jimmy had lots of experts doing the translation, but he wasn't a fool. He knew that this was going to be read by lots of people - and he had his own agenda. What people have been using for the last few hundred years isn't the most accurate version of the Torah - it's basically what James wanted the readers to use. Too many examples to list here, but I'm going to search for some. Just think of it as the best-selling case of Broken Telephone ever.

And fundamentalists/extremists/ultra-ultra-orthodox/literalists of any kind should be put on a boat and left to drift somewhere in the middle of the Sahara desert. IMHO.

Lex Ingenii Fieri Non Potest

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

"Armageddonus sphinterus hot sauce est!" (Vatican football team cheer)
sumoichi

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 02:00:35 AM »

Australia has always impressed me as a sane and humane society (other than your treatment of the Abos).  What happened?

Man Horan Monis, the hostage taker at the Lindt cafe in Sydney this week was out on bail for charges relating to the murder of his wife. His hatred for us extended to sending the families of soldiers killed in Afghanistan, hate mail. He also had a record of over 50 sexual assaults, asked for an IS flag to hang in the cafe window and had a gun. As a society we are wondering why he was out on the streets. He is now with his maker as are two hostages killed.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length